Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Helmets...

Love them or hate them, you’ve got to wear one or you cop a fine.  Some say the hassle of wearing a helmet discourages people from cycling.  But surely wearing a helmet will offer some protection.  If I do fall off my fixed gear bike and get slammed onto the pavement, I’d rather have something on my head to absorb the impact rather than my skull.

Others are convinced that it’s a generational thing, with youngsters today completely used to wearing a ‘lid’ when cycling, having grown up with the habit of wearing a helmet at a young age.


New helmet safety standards, check out the latest story:

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/wellbeing/new-bike-helmet-standards-send-retailers-into-a-spin-20101118-17zeq.html
Check out this site, Mandatory bike helmet laws: random facts  
Also check out the NSW Government RTA site for information on legislation and safety

No comments:

Post a Comment